18 February 2011

Paul Paper - Lietuva. Stories of Everyday


Lietuva. Stories of Everyday
Paul Paper
32 Pages, 14cm x 20cm / 5.5"x8"
Poster 38cm x 26cm
numbered edition of 100
b/w digital [Cyclus Offset 80gsm]
£5.00 including shipping

"Only now, when I‘m abroad, I can make a book about Lithuania. It is personal and subjective (like everything I do) and not about how my country is or how it looks like. For that, check tourist leaflets. It’s about growing up in a young country full of new enthusiasm. As someone born in a nation that doesn’t exist (Soviet Union), I feel strange roots carving me and my creativity. In dialogue with tradition of romantic depiction of Lithuania, this small tribute tries to avoid telling highly-coloured visual stories of places that don’t look so nice once you actually visit them. It is here rather, through objects and moments of everyday, evoke clues and insights about land that is not easy to find on the map."

website/to order

No comments:

Post a Comment